One of the hardest things for many groups and people who want to really help our planet is figuring out where to start. This powerful event was made to motivate teams to make real, meaningful changes and take action toward a more sustainable future.
Once they are split up into small teams, everyone helps move up the leaderboard by doing puzzles, trivia, and other fun, creative tasks. Each challenge is meant to help you think strategically, listen well, and talk in a clear way. Team members get to have their voices heard and be proud of the different skills they have, while also learning to value the strengths of others.
As they do each task, they will learn how they can make changes that help achieve the 17 Sustainable Development Goals set by the United Nations:
- No Poverty
- Zero Hunger
- Good Health and Wellbeing
- Quality Education
- Gender Equality
- Clean Water and Sanitation
- Affordable and Clean Energy
- Decent Work and Economic Growth
- Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
- Reducing Inequality
- Sustainable Cities and Communities
- Responsible Consumption and Production
- Climate Action
- Life Below Water
- Life On Land
- Peace, Justice, and Strong Institutions
- Partnerships for the Goals
As team points are turned into donations to the B1G1 charity, a 501(c)(3) organization that works to support the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, the powerful finale shows how each team made a difference.
Get ready for chills.